The environment that surrounds you greatly predetermines your health. Additionally, what you feed your body with also dictates your health condition. All these affect your energy levels, mood, and daily performance.
If we take a look around us and pay good attention to the quality of the air we breathe, the quality of water we drink, and the food we eat, we might just realize what is the source of the fatigue and health problems we are facing. The toxins that enter our body, through all sources mentioned before, are negatively affecting our overall health. Despite having a perfectly functioning purifying system, the body might end up saturated with toxins in which case this purifier of ours – the liver, is in need of serious assistance.
To prevent serious liver damages and support the liver optimal functioning, it is of utmost importance to occasionally perform a thorough liver cleanse. To achieve this, one needs to make some lifestyle and dietary changes supported by natural detox cleanse supplements.
So, What Is Liver Detox?
Taking into consideration the amount of content that can be found online explaining how to detoxify your body fast, there is no surprise why detox, in general, has been so widely misunderstood.
There are many fad diets nowadays promoted as detox diets that are not what they are named to be nor they are safe to practice, well most of them. To detoxify your body or liver, you need to put some effort into lifestyle changes instead of only including so-called detox smoothies in your daily routine. That certainly is a way to a healthier diet, however, it does not mean it will detox or clean your body.
Liver detox, or any detox for that matter, applies to a complete lifestyle and diet change in order to avoid toxins to enter your body as much as possible. Moreover, once the toxins ingested are minimized, one should start eating food that supports detox, and in this case support liver health and liver regeneration.
The results of the detox are better liver function, healthier liver, and improved overall health and well-being. Additionally, damaged liver or decreased liver function can be the cause of other existing illnesses, therefore detox may also help aid persisting health problems.
Do You Need to Detox?
The primary source of toxins that damage the liver is the food one eats. Therefore, if you are a person that eats a lot of processed foods; fast food, snacks, sugar-saturated products like candy, chocolates, soda, you drink alcohol and possibly smoke, you definitely need an occasional liver cleanse.
To add to this that even those that mind what they eat and practice a healthier lifestyle, do breathe the same polluted air and drink the same heavy-metals filled water, the conclusion is that everyone can benefit from liver detoxification when it is executed properly.
Many people turn to detox diets once they experience liver damages, discomforts of some sort, or serious health problems. In such cases, detoxifying your body is possibly necessary, however, one should always consult a doctor first.
How to Perform a Liver Detox Diet?
The best practice for liver detoxification is the one that does not require artificial supplements and blends to help you the process. There are herbs and herbal blends in the form of tinctures that are highly recommended to support the process, however, they must be of a completely natural source, but we’ll get to this one later.
The process starts with the mindful exclusion of all the sources of toxic chemicals through which toxins enter the body. This includes processed foods, unclean water, all cosmetic products that are made with artificial ingredients. Once all these are out of the picture you should start including the liver-detox practices:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be your primary source of food – fresh produce is filled with good micronutrients only. However, one should make sure that the fresh fruits and vegetables they eat are organically grown and not treated with pesticides and chemicals, otherwise, it gives a contrary effect to the cleansing process.
- Include food that directly affects liver regeneration – there are certain types of foods that contain substances that support liver cells regeneration and help the detox process. These are: carrots, beetroot, asparagus, avocado, green leafy vegetables, apples, and citrus fruits. Be sure to include these in your diet.
- Drink plenty of water daily – hydration plays an essential role in the detox process. The more water you drink during the day, the easier it will be for your liver and body altogether to flush out the toxins. Therefore, make sure to drink plenty of water daily but also check that this is clean water and avoid drinking water bottled in plastic bottles.
- Excercise – exercise increases energy levels and reduces stress on the liver. It is also another way to flush out toxins through water, in this case through sweating.
- Include herbs that aid liver health – there are plenty of natural herbs that are potent liver aids. During detox, make sure to include tinctures or drink teas made from dry herbs such as: milk thistle, camomile, agrimony, olive leaf, dandelion, wormwood, chicory, and endive. Here we would like to emphasize the importance of the herbs or tincture sourcing. Make sure you are including only organically grown, clean from chemicals herbs.
- Reduce stress to a minimum – stress is one of the major factors that can contribute to liver damage. Make sure to relax and stay positive by practicing meditation, deep breathing, and surrounding yourself with people you love!