For the record, we are not promoting dishonesty, but let’s be clear: When was the last time you remembered to put the beans to soak early enough, so they were ready for that special moment? I have no idea. As most of us are always in a hurry, this type of food that you have to start preparing in advance is not good for us.
If you are one of mine and you love homemade beans, but you prefer the convenience of canned ones, here are some of the best canned pinto beans recipe. They are so easy that you can even make them on a canning stove.
Canned Pinto Beans Recipe
Here are some best recipes you won’t find on any simply recipes website:
Recipe 1: Refried Pinto Beans
Who would have thought that refried beans could be healthy? In this recipe, they taste the same without all the added fat. In addition to being cholesterol-free, they are gluten-free, and can be eaten guilt-free!
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 oz. (440 g) canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ lime squeezed
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender or mixer container in the order listed and close the lid securely.
- Select high speed and press pulse control 5 to 6 times, or until beans are pureed with chunks.
- Place the beans in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
Recipe 2: Canned Pinto Beans And Bacon Soup
A single dish full of flavor, which combines the intense taste of pinto beans with bacon’s flavor. A perfect balance.
- 500 g of canned steamed pinto beans
- 200 g of chopped carrots, onion and celery
- 70 g of bacon
- 30 g of grated cheese
- 500 g of vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, sage to taste
- First, gently fry the chopped vegetables with the oil and the sage leaf and then cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Add half of the whole pinto beans and half crushed or pureed.
- Sprinkle with the broth and cook gently for a few minutes, adjusting the flavor with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pinto bean and bacon soup hot, sprinkled with grated cheese and ground pepper and, possibly, with croutons.
5 Tricks to Make Canned Pinto Beans Look and Taste Like Homemade
Just because you are cooking canned pinto beans, doesn’t mean it has to be tasteless or bland. With some tips and tricks, you can make the recipe like a homemade one.
- In a deep frying pan or pot, fry a teaspoon of vegetable oil, diced onion, a sliced garlic clove, and your choice’s herbs. Add rosemary to blacks, coriander, or parsley to whites.
- When the onion begins to become transparent, lower the heat and add the beans. Stir them slowly until they are all impregnated with the mixture. You can add any extra ingredients that you would add to your homemade beans. Bacon, tomato, meat, chili peppers. Whatever you want.
- Add a touch of cumin. I guarantee that most, if not all, bean recipes in Latin America have cumin. In fact, this is a product worth investing in. The fragrance and flavor of high-quality cumin add a special touch to any dish.
- Take them out of the heat and place them in the container in which you are going to serve them. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil.
- Decorate them as you like. Parsley or ground coriander looks really nice around the plate.
And please, don’t forget to make the can disappear!
Benefits of Canned Pinto Beans
Let’s talk about the nice part. This type of food is extremely practical.
For some, it is enough that you put them in the microwave oven in the same bag where they are sold. Cut the upper part of the packaging, set a reasonable time on the time. Take them out and serve them on a plate.
Another, they need to cook them a little previously. But it is the same. It only takes a few minutes.
On the other hand, they are inexpensive, and thanks to that, many people can have access to them. And in the same way, you can have them stored without opening for long without spoiling. The same is true even inside the refrigerator.
Bottom line: they are cheap, save you from a tight spot, and don’t break down easily. In a world full of rush, there is nothing better than easy recipes with canned pinto beans.
The time is tight, even when we have to eat. It’s very sad, but practical, instant, and flavor-added options are our daily bread because of the lifestyles we have today.
Canned pinto beans recipe is one example of this. And the beans packed in this way, a proof of this rule. Every time you go to the supermarket to recharge your groceries, it is possible that you will see a huge shelf. It is filled with different forms of this product, and take a couple home with you.